Saturday, April 17, 2010

Our first year and some new gear!

April really is shaping up to be an exciting month. On the photography front, I've been able to take a big step forward and finally move up to a full frame camera and some fast glass. Nikon offered up a few deals earlier in the month and I decided that now was the time to make a move. A D700 and 24-70mm f2.8 now call my gear bag home and I couldn't be happier. The low light performance of this combo should open up many more opportunities and really get the creative juices flowing.

But most importantly, this coming week brings some much needed vacation travel. My wonderful wife and I will be heading to Mexico to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. Our awesome wedding photographer Soolan at Blue Glass Photography did such a great job capturing the memories for us last year on St. Thomas...

I have no idea where this first year has gone but why not commemorate it by heading back to the place where we got engaged for a little rest and relaxation.

As always, I will have a camera in my bag but I can't guarantee it will get much use, as I am really looking forward to not doing much of anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment